cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlongoria
Creator
Creator

How do I clear qv.exe tasks left over from nprinting processing

I've noticed that over a period of a day or two I am left with MANY qv.exe processes owned by the service account used by nprinting (see attachment). What approaches have been taken by others to clear these processes and prevent such accumulation of processes? Is there a suggested administrative way of clearing these processes? I am running nprinting 17.3.1.0 using QlikView SR15 on Windows 2008 R2 environment.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

The June 2017 release of NPrinting will allow you to schedule a metadata reload.

This should have the side effect of re-setting qv.exe sessions.

NB: One session per QVW used in your reports will be left open.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

We have a batch file which closes the qv.exe every hour and in addition to this, we restart our nPrinting servers every night.

Not applicable

The June 2017 release of NPrinting will allow you to schedule a metadata reload.

This should have the side effect of re-setting qv.exe sessions.

NB: One session per QVW used in your reports will be left open.

jlongoria
Creator
Creator
Author

That's what I thought we would need to do. I've been researching the appropriate criteria and script commands. I'd rather not reinvent the wheel. Personally, I think Qlik should provide this capability and incorporate it into nprinting. If possible, please post your script.

Terminate process base on the following criteria:

• Process name = qv.exe
  • Process owner = nprinting service account
  • Process older than X minutes

Am I missing or overthinking criteria?

sunny_talwar

I was not the one who created the batch file, so I don't really know what exactly was done, but I can see if I can grab the file and share some of the information.

But like Aran said below, the issue should be resolved in June 2017 release