Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Enhance Community Web Site

I have difficulty searching for Qlik Sense specific information.  I have tried:

1. Entering an AND search at https://community.qlik.com/, such as: hyperlink and relative and sense, but the results contain Qlik View answers, which I do not want.  (I realize that sometimes Qlik View and Qlik Sense are the same or similar, but if I wanted Qlik View answers, I would include that in my search.)
  2. Going to a "Place" (https://community.qlik.com/places), but I can only browse or kind of match previously matched questions in the Ask Your Question textbox.  The Search at the top of the page searches the entire Community.

I would appreciate a solution to this, perhaps a filter?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Claire,

Thanks for your post. If you go to the Qlik Sense Forums you can check out the documents there, or navigate into a sub space from the listings in the left column labeled "Qlik Sense Forums" or by clicking on the Subspaces tab in the green navigation bar.

Once you're in most relevant space, you can click on the Content tab of the green navigation bar to see all content from that space. Above the content listing, there is a search bar labeled "Type to filter by text" which you can use to search for keywords. This search will pull from the content that is in that space only, whereas the main search box in the black navigation bar at the top of the page will search all content within the entire community.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Have a great weekend,

Qlik Community Team

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Claire,

Thanks for your post. If you go to the Qlik Sense Forums you can check out the documents there, or navigate into a sub space from the listings in the left column labeled "Qlik Sense Forums" or by clicking on the Subspaces tab in the green navigation bar.

Once you're in most relevant space, you can click on the Content tab of the green navigation bar to see all content from that space. Above the content listing, there is a search bar labeled "Type to filter by text" which you can use to search for keywords. This search will pull from the content that is in that space only, whereas the main search box in the black navigation bar at the top of the page will search all content within the entire community.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Have a great weekend,

Qlik Community Team

Not applicable
Author

Yes, the trick was to go to the Content tab.  Not very intuitive, but now that I know the trick, I won't forget!

vicio
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi ext_aaq‌,

thanks for your answer,

There is any way to remove all the QlikView contents, references.

I use only Qlik Sense and there is a very small overlapping between the 2 products.

Even for the formulas, I work most of the expression in the chart with SetAnalysis, and I don't use any script.

Instead in Qlik View, it seems the most efficient way it to use scripts.

The community is very helpful, but I spent most of the time to filter out Qlik View contents that are also the big part (for a historical reason).

Vicio

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vicio,

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, they keyword search doesn't allow us to state keywords to exclude (like Google does by using the dash in front of a keyword, ex. "-QlikView").

However, if you first navigate into one of the Qlik Sense spaces, click on Content from the Green nav bar, and use the search, the results should all apply to Qlik Sense rather than QlikView. You can also click the "Filter by tag" button and choose a tag (such as "Qlik Sense") to see content that has been tagged that way.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if there are reasons this method doesn't work for you, or if you are finding QlikView content within the Qlik Sense spaces.

Best regards,

Qlik Community Team

vicio
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks for your reply ext_aaq‌,

I just improved my experience with the community. I'm a new user in the community, and my first impression is that is very powerful. For my (still short) experience, solutions to common (and uncommon) issues working with Qlik are here more easy to get in the community than through the paid support/concierge service.

Coming back to the main topic: Qlik Sense and Qlik view coexistence. Just my curiosity: at Qlik is there any open talk about splitting the community into two specialized communities (QV vs. QS)?

Users could choose to participate to QV OR QS, but also (QV AND QS) if they want. Just an option in the preferences;

once set, it won't be necessary to re-confirm the selection at any click and search, members evaluation and ranking.

If this is not a viable option, let me know, and I don't bother.

vicio

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vicio,

I'm glad to hear that you're getting more out of the community and finding it to be helpful. Your idea of isolating QV vs QS through an account setting is definitely a cool idea, but the community hosting platform we use doesn't have that kind of capability.

Thanks for your feedback though! Feel free to let us know any other ideas you have for improving the community, as there may be something that is within our ability to implement, and we are always working to improve our members' experience in the community.

Best regards,

Qlik Community Team