Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sorting in Pivot Table by Order #?

Hi,

I have a qlikview containing information sales by category and subcategory and i would like to order record in descending mode. I'm using two dimensions but it is not ordering.

I'm using expresion in order tab. for example: Sum($ MTD) and select Descending y dropdownlist but itsn't working.

See the file containing data.

5 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you share your qvw file to look into?

Not applicable
Author

No, because cantains confidencial information and prepart a test document as it, take me a long time.

But I don't know why QlikView is not reconizing the order expression.

Sorry!

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Anil_Babu_Samineni

In fact, With two dimensions as you expected it's not possible with Sort option. You can make changes for expression desceding order

FYI, Yeah, this is not possible with two dimension grouping, may be only option i can think of now is for this chart alone you create a dimension expression concatenating of category & Subcategory "category - Subcategory"

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

Peoples already I solved my problem. There is a subcategory name Others for each catery and QlikView was identifying as one (I don't know why because i was using a filed key). i displayied together their unique id and it works. for examplo:

10:subcategoryName