Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwallman
Creator III
Creator III

An example of how to load KML file in QlikView please?

Hi all,

Can anyone please show me how to load a KML file into QlikView?

Ideally a dummy KML file with some sample data and instructions on how to load it would be good

5 Replies
Not applicable

Click on tables files option> select the files >change the format in pop up window to xml file

here u can see all the tables ...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Micheal,

Please find the below link, it may help you to meet ur requirement.

Loading XML files into Qlikview

Regards,

Murali Mohan .T

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi,

To load KML (read the question people) you need to use a 3rd party extension, the one by bmz‌ is excellent and generally accepted to be the best open source extension for this.

It is available on Qlik Branch here:

Qlik Branch

BrandonM
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Are there any new extensions or ways to use KML files with Qlikview12 , am trying to model mobile phone tower signal coverage using KML files.

Appreciate any input,

Regards,

Brandon

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You can load the KML files directly into the data model:

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/Scr...

You did not say which specific release of QlikView 12 you were using, so you may need to check the latest version etc., as I cannot recall when this was introduced for certain, but in checking Help versions, it appears this was new to 12.20 track and later.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.