Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III

getting this below error pop up while trying to connect to SQL DB from QV..?

Hi ,

Can anyone please help me with this below error pop up , not able to connect to SQL DB.

Am using OLEDB and i have Server name , user ID and PWD.

Provider -  Microsoft OLE DB provider for SQL server.

attaching the error image please help me out, its kind of urgent.

Best Regards,

Vishal

10 Replies
sasikanth
Master
Master

HI,

Check Two things here

1) Password might be wrong

2) NO access privileges /or restricted for the selected user.

Not applicable

Are you able to connect SQL server DB from outside with same user and password ?

vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes Vishal ,

thanks for your reply,

I can but they are different , they just provided access to my windows ID so i can able to login and check the SQL DB.

Am allowed to write Queries also.

But coming to Extraction of the data from Qlikview, what we need exactly ??

I have server name , and Database Name that's it, ETL team is saying they have given access to my Windows ID, which is not working here.

Please help me which User ID and PWD (who will provide those details,do we need admin rights to extract) we use to connect and extract the data...???

Colin-Albert

To connect using your windows credentials select the "use Windows NT Integrated Security" option.

If you use this setting, remember that the server reloads will run using the credentials of the QlikView Distribution Service login, which may have different permissions to your login.

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Try the following connection string in your script..

OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=UID;Initial Catalog=YOURCATALOG;Data Source=SQLSERVER.YOURDOMAIN.local;Use Procedure for Prepare=1;Auto Translate=True;Packet Size=4096;Use Encryption for Data=False;Tag with column collation when possible=False] (Password is '*****');

hth

Sasi

sasikanth
Master
Master

also make sure that 32 bit check box un checked

Comm.png

vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Colin , thanks for the response ...

am working on a personal edition later on we are going to deploy it on users Qlik set up.

if i make connection with the windows authentication , i don't c any data in the server.

ETL People are keep on saying that they granted access to me, even am also able to login into SQL DB.

Am really in Confusion what is going wrong here.

what exactly do we need to extract the data from SQL , as i am working on Direct discovery i have to fetach data from View.

Please help me.

Colin-Albert

Is there a firewall blocking the posts used by sql between the server and your PC? Usually SQL uses port 1443 though your IT team may have changed this. 

Colin-Albert

Which settings have you selected on the Provider tab of your data connection?

Can you show a screen-shot of that screen?