Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview 12 - has QMS API been changed?

Hi Experts, Does anyone know if the QMS API for Qlikview 12 has been changed??? We have a custom software solution that manage and remove automatically unused Qlikview CALs. The solution works fine on Qlikview 11 but when we tested on Qlikview 12/12.10 unused licenses weren´t removed. Simply there are no error messages.

12 Replies
kiv
Employee
Employee

Hi Pablo,

There was a change done in QV 11.20. Which version were you using when it worked fine?

The proper way to remove a assigned CAL is to get the CAL configuration (Client.GetCALConfiguration) and then for the NamedCALs set the value of the RemovedAssignedCALs to the CAL you want to remove

jamesmuir
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Pablo,

In release 12.10 the named CAL quarantine period was increased from 24 hours to 7 days. Maybe that's part of the problem...

-James

gballester
Creator
Creator

Hello,
We manage cals management through calls to QlikView api.
Do you know if the calls to the APIs of 11 are compatible in 12?
Thanks

gballester
Creator
Creator

Hello Pablo Soto!!!

I have the some problem when tried to remove documents or named cals.

Apparently is a bug in QV12 API.  The method doesn't give an error but  it does not do anything.

I still can not solve it and without receiving help from local support.

Colin-Albert

Have a look at this post.

Re: Document CAL Release - QMS API

gballester
Creator
Creator

Thanks you for your response.

I understand perfectly the licence terms and the latency times.

The problem is that if I want to release a license, it's not in quarantine as it should be. JUST DOES NOT DO ANYTHING.

Colin-Albert

It may help to post the exact version of Qlik you are running and raise as a support request with Qlik.

V12 covers a lot of versions - v12.0, 12.1, 12.2 & service releases.

gballester
Creator
Creator

Thank you Colin, the test is in the last version 12.2.

We ask for our local support, but their excuse was that their idd not support third-party applications, without even asking if this is an possible api bug.

gballester
Creator
Creator

bug.jpg