cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Activate object

Hi all,

I need to activate an object (i.e.,) a button has to be activated (Pressed) automatically when i click on a sheet.

Updated:

I need that button to be clicked or pressed automatically for every 10 minutes,

And i don't want the user to do that manually pressing every time, it should happen automatically.

Please let me know if it is possible or not.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

here you go, don;t forget if you push the button it is going to overwrite the variable, so maybe use a second variable (or set of variables) for the button and use an OR clause in the show

View solution in original post

25 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I don;t understand while i understood or not

Can you describe more what kind of actions it's inside of that Button object

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No.

Consider while i click on that button manually, it will display a table.

What i need is, that button has to be activated or clicked automatically, based on some condition.

Is that possible, with any qlikview functions like ActivateObject.??

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Give That Table Default, So that it's visible only

like below from That table of Layout Tab as Conditional

If(VShow = 1, 1,0)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No. you are not understanding my requirement.

Simple. is there a way to click or activate a button automatically, without pressing it manually?

eror.PNG

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

To expand on what Anil has said

1- Create a variable v_layout_table_show or something that makes sense

2- simply put this in your table 'show' option which is on the layout tab, note that you do not need an IF statement in this case as Qlikview will just read it as 1 or 0 which is sufficient

3- Create your button (or use a text box as they're much more flexible)

4- On the actions tab, add a new action, and under external you will see 'set variable'

In the top box of this action put in your variable name e.g. v_layout_table_show

In the second box you do need an if statement so =if( v_layout_table_show=1,0,1)

Job done

Ok so ignore the above based on your recent post! What action do you hope will click the button for you?

You can apply the same logic but using sheet / object / select triggers rather than a button action

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No, that is not my requirement.

I need that button to be clicked or pressed automatically for every 10 minutes,

And i don't want the user to do that manually pressing every time, it should happen automatically.

eror.PNG

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

What action does this button do?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That button will display a table. but that is not my requirement.

I know that an object can be hidden and shown by conditional layout.

I want that button to be clicked or pressed automatically for every 10 minutes.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

In Qlik, we can't achieve directly. So that, You may ask to polymer team to integrate that enable option. Still, I didn't understand this. Why it's required every 10 Min. Does it make sense for User?

Hope this helps.