Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

percent calculation based on a condition

Hi.

another post asking for assistance.

I attach an excel file containing 2 columns: FLD_RESOLUTIONRESOLVEDGROUP and H_CREATORGROUP.

what i am trying to do is calculate the % where the resolved group is the same as the create group. Its for a first time fix rate i am trying to calculate. i think its a basic count where resolved group is equal to create group.

the other rules are:

• i want to ignore the rows that dont have a resolved group - as these tickets are still open. they shouldn't form any part of the calculation.
  • I need 2 separate % figures - one for 'SMT NMC' group, one for 'SMT M2M Service Desk' group.
  • then an overall % figure for the 2 groups combined where they are the creator group.

in excel, i could easily do this, but am still getting to grips with the format and logic of qlikview.

I need to know whether this is better to put this into a load script to then assign it to a gauge,  or to do it as an expression within the gauge chart properties?

Any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoWedel

Hi,

maybe this helps

QlikCommunity_Thread_234314_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_234314_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_234314_Pic3.JPG

LOAD RecNo() as ID,

FLD_RESOLUTIONRESOLVEDGROUP,

H_CREATORGROUP

FROM [https://community.qlik.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/1131511-247273/escalations.xlsx] (ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

regards

Marco

View solution in original post

8 Replies
MarcoWedel

Hi,

maybe this helps

QlikCommunity_Thread_234314_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_234314_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_234314_Pic3.JPG

LOAD RecNo() as ID,

FLD_RESOLUTIONRESOLVEDGROUP,

H_CREATORGROUP

FROM [https://community.qlik.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/1131511-247273/escalations.xlsx] (ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

regards

Marco

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

ok, i got this working but when i select a different date (based on when a ticket was created), the gauge moves to and stays at 97% no matter which month i use. The overall % is 90% for all rows in the spreasheet, which of course is correct.

Just to give you more info - i only extracted a limited set of data attached to this query, but if you can imagine there is a create date associated with each row, this is what i would like to filter on to get a % for that month.

hopefully that gives you enough info to assist me further?

MarcoWedel

please post a sample app including some (mock up) data and your expected result.

thanks

regards

Marco

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Marco,

i managed to get it working.

Thank you very much. The only thing i am struggling with is getting the % figure to appear in the bottom middle of the chart - as per yours.

I can get the % figure to display, but it appears in the top right of the chart. looks unsightly.

Any advice?

Thanks

MarcoWedel

Hi,

I used the "text in chart" function to generate the percentage figure.

You can reposition it by holding CTRL+Shift and dragging the red square containing the figure to another place:

QlikCommunity_Thread_234314_Pic4.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_234314_Pic5.JPG

hope this helps

regards

Marco

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

i didnt know about the CTRL+Shift function - this has solved my problem.

once again, thank you for your assistance

Not applicable
Author

thank you for sharing the answer. very help ful for learning

MarcoWedel

you're welcome.

Glad it helped

regards

Marco