Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Merging Different QVWs into one

Hi Folks,

Is there a simple way to merge different QVWs into a single QVW file.

I have 14 different QVWs, with say 10 tabs each. These 14 QVWs are all different reports and pulling data from different sources - their layout and functionalities are all different. These reports have  different variables, Macros, Qlikview objects etc that needs to be brought into a single document.

I am using QV 12.

I understand this will have a great impact on the server and its performance - but thats what i wanna check!!!

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Not only will the impact be ... er big, your script will be horrendous and your data model will be awful.

Copy & Paste (Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V) and especially Debug... in the Script Editor will be your friends, I guess...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, I think merger 10+ .qvw files is really not a good idea as Peter pointed out.

But, I will say, if merge like this really needed in the future, then QlikSense is the solution,  but not QlikView.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Questions to ask:

Q) Do each of your 10 QVW's contain different data? or was the purpose of 10 QVW's to show the same data in a different formats!

Either ways If each QVW contain different data then you will need to look at the data model of each QVW and rework the whole data model into one.

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.