Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

qsVariable Extension

Hi,

I was looking for the possibility to select only one dimension for every chart on my analysis. I found that this is possible with qsVariable Extension.

I've got simple question as I'm totally new to Qlik. I don't now how to start, I just want to have the possibilty to select only one year which would be a base year for comparison (I compare a year to year data). I don't know how can I define a variable so that it would show me the list of years from which I would select only one.

Thanks for your help,

Maciek

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Maciej,

I am attaching a sample app with same extension , Please try t replicate it by changing the fields its very easy.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Rohit Kumar

View solution in original post

23 Replies
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Maciej,

I am attaching a sample app with same extension , Please try t replicate it by changing the fields its very easy.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Rohit Kumar

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rohit,

Thank you for your help. It gave me some clues. Your sample app picks different columns from data table. You've added them as an alternative variables and this is a static list of three different dimensions.

I would like to have a dynamic list that includes i.e. years. That is why I can't list them individually as many alternative dimensions, because it would change (grow). I can only have it as one alternative dimension but with many values. Despite my efforts, I haven't managed to achieve the results I wish I had.

Maciek

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Maciej,

I am attaching a new extension which suits your use case. Please try this once and let me know if you still face any issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rohit,

You're magician . This is exactly what I was looking for. It's much better then qsVariable. You can just drag and drop and then simply use it.

I couldn't manage only with "Default Select Value", it didn't work when I chose a year or tried a formula (which would be much useful - is it possible to use formula there to set a default dimension?).

Maciek

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Thanks Maciej,

This is the best compliment I go since I created my new account of Qlik Sense Community . Thanks again.Please let me know for future help.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You're welcome :-). Can you give me please, some details about how to set a "Default Select Value"?. I would like to add it as a formula, but I don't know how. I'm unable to set it as a static value either :-(.

Maciek

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Maciej,

I have highlighted the section in the setting area where you just need to add the default value so it will be set  to default value for example you have taken Year in this extension now you want current year will be default one so you just need to add 2016 in it .

Capture.PNG

Rohit Kumar

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Yes I was able to see it. Hovewer I've tried to insert there a year with apostrophe, ie. '2016' that is why it didn't work.

Thanks for your advice :-).

I've got last question: Is it possible to set default as current year using a variable so that it could change automatically?

Maciek

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

In variable overview you can set default value for that variable used in extension.