Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can we compare two qvw files without using any tool like win merge or visdiff

Hi All

Is there any way that we can find method we can find difference in the qvw files ( means difference in the visual side)

or a way to find script difference without using tool like winmerge or visdiff.

Please comment.

thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

You could export the document-layout (is an option in menu/file) which creates a (large) xml-file which you could compare within an editor but I think it won't be easy to match the differences within the file within their object-places in the qvw. In my opionion is it rather the worse case to find (and change) differences. If you want to track changes I think you should consider version control tools and this could be then a starting point for you: Comparison of Version Control Tools for QlikView.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could export the document-layout (is an option in menu/file) which creates a (large) xml-file which you could compare within an editor but I think it won't be easy to match the differences within the file within their object-places in the qvw. In my opionion is it rather the worse case to find (and change) differences. If you want to track changes I think you should consider version control tools and this could be then a starting point for you: Comparison of Version Control Tools for QlikView.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much Marcus for your helpful information

I want to know then what method would be the best to compare two qvw files.

I am doing like copying the script in text file and then using winmerge to find the differences, is that the only good way to do it? Or using version control is the next best one.

marcus_sommer

It's quite rarely that I have had such a task, it's nothing what couldn't I do regulary. Therefore I couldn't really suggest any best practice.

- Marcus