Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Personal Edition

Hi,

In QV Personal Edition, when I open some sample.qvw files it throws an following error. Please help me.

Access Denied.

The file was created by a licensed QV user and since you are using a QV Personal Edition you may not open this file.

Thanks in advance,

Murugavel.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Murugavel,

Sridhar was correct in his response; I'll clarify it here for everyone else to hopefully find while searching Wink

• QlikView 9.0 Personal Edition can only open files created using that particular copy of QlikView, or special files created by QlikTech.
  • A licensed copy of QlikView can view files created by Personal Edition; so if you have someone in your organization creating a cool QlikView on their computer, they can send it to a licensed user to view and change the file.

Some users have reported issues with opening the tutorial files that came packaged with the QlikView 9.0 Personal Edition installation. You can find those files in the QlikView 9 Gallery - Share QlikViews section of this site.

View solution in original post

37 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Murugavel,

It is clearly mention in error itself that the file is created by licensed QV user so QV personal edition will not be able to open same application

you cant open the application in personal edition which is created by licensed user but licensed user can open all applications.

- Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

Murugavel,

Sridhar was correct in his response; I'll clarify it here for everyone else to hopefully find while searching Wink

• QlikView 9.0 Personal Edition can only open files created using that particular copy of QlikView, or special files created by QlikTech.
  • A licensed copy of QlikView can view files created by Personal Edition; so if you have someone in your organization creating a cool QlikView on their computer, they can send it to a licensed user to view and change the file.

Some users have reported issues with opening the tutorial files that came packaged with the QlikView 9.0 Personal Edition installation. You can find those files in the QlikView 9 Gallery - Share QlikViews section of this site.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Still i facing the same problem.

Thanks,

Murugavel

Not applicable
Author

Do you have this problem with all the sample files included in QlikView Personal Edition?

Not applicable
Author

yes

Not applicable
Author

Did you have any previous QlikView versions installed on the system? QlikView 8.5 for example...

Not applicable
Author

No

Not applicable
Author

Jason,

We are a Qlikview Partner. We try to emphasize the SIB process.

How can we do it with the new Licensing model. Do we have to install a "True" license or is there any way to use Personal edition ?

Thanks for your answer .

Philippe

Not applicable
Author

Philippe,

I would contact your partner manager for more details about how to best use QlikView for the SIB process. There are a few new developments (i.e. Personal Editon, QV Server test licenses, etc.) that he/she would do a better job explaining than I can.