Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

count will not work with button

Dear all,

after having tried all Aggr variations I am still stuck with simple triggered count.

Assume - a button (MaxFilter) selects the wanted focus on a Combo chart - meaning calculating Sums of Amounts either with Maximum per Dimensions or without and showing related Numbers as well:

if(MaxFilter=0,

Sum(  {<Version={'V1'},doctype={$(Inputbox_doctype)}, per={$(Inputbox_period)} >} Value),

Sum(  {<Version={'V2'},doctype={$(Inputbox_doctype)}, per={$(Inputbox_period)} >} Value) -

Max(  {<Version={'V2'},doctype={$(Inputbox_doctype)}, per={$(Inputbox_period)} >} Value)

)

>>This works fine

if(MaxFilter=0,

Count(  {<Version={'V1'},doctype={$(Inputbox_doctype)}, per={$(Inputbox_period)} >} ID),

Count(  {<Version={'V2'},doctype={$(Inputbox_doctype)}, per={$(Inputbox_period)} >} ID) -1

)

>>This does not work for MaxFilter=1  but would if I do remove the "-1".  Why can't I reduce QlikViews Count result for the one Max-ID?

Thanks for your help!

Tobias

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

ok, probably this is just another inappropriate non-Use of Aggr - but I still can´t see how it should work correctly.

>the time dimension is filled day by day

> so in the fact table there are Null Values and therefore my Formula is obviously producing "Null"

> but only in the 2. Part of the IF clause where the Formula is expanded by "-1"  as if QV cant't count and substract at a time

Replacing the "-1" with

"- Max({<Version={'V1'},doctype={$(Inputbox_doctype)}, per={$(Inputbox_period)} >} Value)/

Max({<Version={'V1'},doctype={$(Inputbox_doctype)}, per={$(Inputbox_period)} >} Value)"

(which equals to  -1) is doing the trick! Now it works.

count-1.PNG

Thanks for your thoughts!

Tobias

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this:

If(MaxFilter=0,

Count({<Version={'V1'},doctype={$(Inputbox_doctype)}, per={$(Inputbox_period)} >} ID),

(Count({<Version={'V2'},doctype={$(Inputbox_doctype)}, per={$(Inputbox_period)} >} ID) -1)

)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny!

I tried already without any luck. Result is: "-1".

Tobias

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample to show what exactly is going on?

Not applicable
Author

ok, probably this is just another inappropriate non-Use of Aggr - but I still can´t see how it should work correctly.

>the time dimension is filled day by day

> so in the fact table there are Null Values and therefore my Formula is obviously producing "Null"

> but only in the 2. Part of the IF clause where the Formula is expanded by "-1"  as if QV cant't count and substract at a time

Replacing the "-1" with

"- Max({<Version={'V1'},doctype={$(Inputbox_doctype)}, per={$(Inputbox_period)} >} Value)/

Max({<Version={'V1'},doctype={$(Inputbox_doctype)}, per={$(Inputbox_period)} >} Value)"

(which equals to  -1) is doing the trick! Now it works.

count-1.PNG

Thanks for your thoughts!

Tobias

sunny_talwar

If you were able to achieve what you wanted, please close this thread by marking your response as correct.

Best,

Sunny