cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timeline

Hi,

I have a timeline in my project, but the dates overlap, is there any way to fix this?

Grateful

timeline.png

8 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

u can press  Cntrl+shift    to move ur timeline or charts from  with in chrt try this

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Thanks,

this does not work, I'm sending a sample to see if it helps.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

u can change the chart style to horizental

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

bcz ur chart expression dates all are in same year so  the  dates is shwng in same point...its too clumsy.

better u convert the chart to see the dates

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe something along this?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Attached another version, using a more sophisticated calculation to stack events vertically.

You can adjust the EventGroup calculation in the script to set max number of Events stacked vertically and the event proximity used for grouping.

2016-04-15 21_09_52-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_Stefan_Downloads_TESTE_Timeline_2.qvw].png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help swuehl !

In my case, i have 4 columns in my database (xlsx), which it is the dates that i want to display in my chart.

How can i use these 4 fields of my database in this script that you shared??

It seems you are setting fix dates or aleatory dates in your script and showing in your chart.

In my project, i need to display the dates that come from my database, and could be changed anytime, depending on the selection of filters that user will apply.

Below you can see how i am using the fields of my data base in the expressions of my timeline chart:

Sem título.png

Does it make sense for you?

If not, i can share my qvw to help.

Many thanks!

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like this