Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I prevent my session from timing out?

Is there a way to increase the time before my connection is lost, as seen in the screenshot? I have tried going into the QMC and changing the timeout period in the "Virtual Proxies" tab, but to no avail. I am going to be doing a presentation and I'd like to be able to show my app seamlessly.

Qlik timeout.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

SessionInactivitysetting.png

You may change this at the virtual proxy.

Pros for increasing session inactivity timeout

- Your user will keep their session longer

- Keep selections and navigation active for a longer time

Cons against increasing session inactivity timeout

- If you use login access passes for your environment a long inactivity session timeout will most likely consume more login access passes hence a single pass i limited to a single user for one hour.

- As long the user session is active RAM will be allocated to this session as if the user where active.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Session timeout is not the only reason you get this error. I suggest to check the log once.

If possible attach the log with this thread.

Thanks

-Vishal

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Hi Seong,

You need to configuring the option "Session inactivity timeout" in your virtual proxy. After this change, all sessions will be disconnected and reconnected again with this new config. Try it.

Regards

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
arthur_dom
Creator III
Creator III

Not sure... Could you create a simpler app and test if it is respecting the timeout time set in Virtual  Proxy. If do't, contact your support, if yeas could be some problem with the application (overloading the QVS).

its_anandrjs

Please check there is idle time settings you can change that for increase the idle time you can not see this message.

Idle time is basically when user sit on idle on the qliksense hub at the movement he can not work there.

Hope this helps

Regards

Anand

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Seong,

By Changing the session inactive timeout parameter in QMC to a higher value will help solve your issue.

Thanks,

Sangram.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

SessionInactivitysetting.png

You may change this at the virtual proxy.

Pros for increasing session inactivity timeout

- Your user will keep their session longer

- Keep selections and navigation active for a longer time

Cons against increasing session inactivity timeout

- If you use login access passes for your environment a long inactivity session timeout will most likely consume more login access passes hence a single pass i limited to a single user for one hour.

- As long the user session is active RAM will be allocated to this session as if the user where active.