Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional show hide values in a listbox

In my group we are facing a challenge and I am trying to find if it is feasible to achieve a requirement. I shall explain the scenario and requirement with an example. Attached file has the dimensions and metrics which I would discuss in this email.

We are exploring if it is possible that when Source Country is selected as say AU in the attached file , we just see the product applicable to that region. Other values not specific to AU should be hidden instead of being greyed out. This can be achieved using the 'Hide-Excluded' option . After this , when the user selects any other dimension i.e Policy year = 2013 then out of the applicable values for AU region whatever is  associated with 2013 should appear in white and remaining is greyed out but we still get the full list for AU region. The current 'hide-excluded' removes the products for AU region that are not associated with 2013 but the requirement is to retain the full list for the selected region irrespective of whether any other dimension has an associated data set or not.

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this expression for your list box:

=Aggr(Only({<PY>}GOALD_PRODUCT), GOALD_PRODUCT)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Sunny for the swift response. This has resolved my problem.

sunny_talwar

Awesome, I am glad I was able to help. But I am not sure why you marked this as assumed answer when my response was the one the resolved your problem. I suggest putting my answer as correct so people seeing this thread down the line can use this in a helpful and efficient manner. Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best,

Sunny