cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rebelfox
Creator
Creator

Chart Straight Table Limit Rows By Expression Limit

I have a chart on my sheet that lists one row for each supplier from a data source of supplier invoice lines.

Each row has a dimension of supplier identity with a sum expression of all the supplier invoice lines.

There is therefore one row per supplier with a supplier identity column and a total value column for that supplier.

I would like a user  limit the rows displayed on the chart to those where the expression total value is greater than the

value entered into an inputbox variable.  In other words list suppliers where the total is greater than say, £100.

I can't find a way to do this on the chart straight table.

There is a way to limit on the Dimension value in the 'Dimension Limits' tab but I can't find anything anywhere else to condition the expression value.  Can anybody advise?

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

If you want to restrict a chart to the result of an expression you need a calculated dimension for this like:

aggr(if(sum(value)>$(YourUservariable), YourDim), YourDim)

- Marcus

gajapathy74
Creator II
Creator II

How about having an conditional expression like

=If(sum(value) > $(yourVariable), sum(value), 0)

and enabling the "Suppress zero-values" property under Presentation tab.

marcus_sommer

You are right - a limitation of a chart could be also done per expression. It will depend on various things which way is possible respectively more suitable (need to display 0, number of expressions, performance, ...).

- Marcus