Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Export Table Data to Excel - Column Order Changes

In Qlik Sense, export table data to Excel, regardless of the column order in a table, the columns with Dimension values always present in the spreadsheet to the left of columns which contain Measure values. For example, if I have a table with three columns aligned in the order from left to right, Measure Value 1, Dimension Value 1, Dimension Value 2 and export to Excel, the columns appear in the spreadsheet from left to right, Dimension Value 1, Dimension Value 2, Measure Value 1.  Is there a workaround I can apply?

11 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Dan,

The export of data should be in the order of fields in the properties panel. Are they ordered the way you need?

Thanks,

Sangram.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, they are ordered as desired. After experimenting, I found that columns containing Measure values always are placed to the right of column containing Dimension values. This appears to be a bug in the export function.

My observation is that columns containing Measure values always appear to the right side of the spreadsheet while the columns containing Dimension values appear in the left side of the spreadsheet. I am able to reorder the Dimension columns within the group of Dimension columns and am able to reorder the Measure columns within the group of Measure columns and the Export to Excel reflects the reordering, but when a Measure column is reordered to a position within the group of Dimension columns the Export to Excel fails to follow the new ordering. It keeps the Measure column within the group of Measure columns.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Dan,

Yes, there are a few issues with the export to excel functionality, hope fully they will be fixed in the coming release.

Thanks,

Sangram.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have the same issue. Do you know if that bug was fixed in v2.2?

Not applicable
Author

Not fixed in v2.2. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have the same issue. Do you know if they working on  fixing this bug?

lynn_worsley
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello,

We are on Qlik Sense 3.2 and having the same issue with the Excel export.  Is there an update?

gladi-cz
Creator
Creator

Hi,

mto‌‌ There is at least workaround, how to fix column order?

Thanks,

Petr

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, just to keep this thread open and running, I too am experiencing this issue, and whilst what Sense is doing makes sense(no pun), I really would like to be able to maintain the field order when exported to Excel.

Cheers,

Tom