Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Execute .bat file on QV Server from a .qvw reload (No publisher)

Hi everyone,

I have a problem while executing a file .bat from my .qvw reload. on a QlikView Server installation.

When I launch the reload of the document from the desktop installation it works just fine after I checked the option as in the following screenshot:

Capture.JPG

But unluckly this is a user setting and not related to the document.

So everytime I launch the reload from the server machine it does not work.

My question is: is there a way to set this option on the QV server, in order to allow the document reload the the execution of the batch file?

Thank you very much for the support.

Regards,
Luca

4 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

One option you have that should fix it for a particular user is to logon locally to server. Then start QlikView Desktop and adjust the settings, exit and log off. Then the settings for this user should stay in effect.

Not applicable
Author

So you are telling me that the QlikView Desktop installation on the Server machine is connected to the QlikView Server installation? And so changing the setting for a particular user using the QlikView Desktop would work?

I will try and let you know. Thanks

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In QV Desktop (where these User settings apply), Qlik tries to protect you from executing (downloaded) documents with unsafe macros/script code.

This approach is not upheld on the server, where you should only place documents with tested and validated code. So there is no switch to enable/disable EXECUTE statements on the server (there are QMC switches however to control macro code execution). If it doesn't work on QlikView server, it must have another reason.

There are many possibilities:

• Service account isn't allowed to execute this batch file
  • Batch file tries to launch some program that isn't available on the server.
  • Illegal or different paths in your batch file (for example, drive letters may not exist for your service account)
  • etc.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

If you want to execute the Batch file inside qvw script,

1. Install the desktop client on the server

2. Log in with Qlikview Admin  service Account

3. Change the settings and apply to service account

I would recommend add you task list to batch file and call Batch file with Task Scheduler on the server. You can add more logging to your batch script to trace reloads & fails.