Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bindu_apte
Creator III
Creator III

Connecting in Teradata

Hi All,

Am trying to connect Teradata into qlikview through ODBC.

I have created Database in User DSN as some name and in qlikview connection is happening fine. But not able to see tables which we have created. So let me know the solution ASAP.

5 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Did you fallow this instructions?

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Many times when you connect and set up a connection through ODBC or OLEDB you will connect to the database but you will get into a default database on the server which might not be the one you expect.

So if you give us more details about exactly "where" you can't see your tables in QlikView it would be helpful. Is it in the SELECT (button) wizard when you are in the EDIT SCRIPT dialog? If so - can you provide us with some screenshots of what you see?

kind regards

Petter Skjolden

bindu_apte
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

Please find the below screenshots. We used User DSN to connect the database. Is there any problem because of that? and I don't have ODBC driver for teradata so is that required?

Db connection.jpgTables.jpg

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Thanks for the screenshots ... it is still not clear why you don't see anything.

Which ODBC driver did you select? Did you install the driver yourself with the Windows ODBC administration tool?

bindu_apte
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

Available driver is ODBC driver for Teradata.