Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Variable changes are lost after dashboard reload in QMC

Hi Everyone-

As a preface, I did do some homework on the forums and did not find the answer I was looking for...

I am a fairly new developer here. I have a Chart where I define a variable vCompYear. This variable provides the appropriate calendar year for the prior quarter, dependent upon what the current quarter is.  This dashboard was handed over to me from a prior developer.

There was an error in this variable. I fixed the error, saved the file. I then went into the QMC and refreshed the dashboard. Once I do this all of my changes are lost and it reverts back to its original state.

I then tried to create a new variable vTest, with the correct formula, and deleted the old formula. I saved the qvw, closed and then re-opened the qvw. Everything looked good. I then closed it again and went into the QMC to refresh the dashboard. Once I completed this task, and opened up the dashboard, I lost all my changes and the dashboard reverted to its original state. I opened up the qvw and all the changes were lost.

Any ideas on what might be causing this? I am the admin for our Qlikview server (because I am the only Qlikview developer), so I assume that I have all the privileges necessary (although I could be wrong) to edit and refresh dashboards.

Thanks for your feedback!

0 Replies