Not applicable

Can we drill through from one sheet to another

Can we drill through from one sheet to another

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have knocked up a sample qvw with a suitable Field Event Trigger.

Click on one of the bars and it should go to the Detail tab.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Note sure what you have in mind, but not in the sense of drilling down in a dimension.

You can create buttons or triggers to navigate to other sheets and show or hide objects in that way; maybe that's a direction you are looking for?

If this does not get you a step in the right direction, please explain exactly what you are trying to achieve or, more interesting, what the Use Case / scenario is you are trying to answer / solve.

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

If I have a chart on one sheet and I click on bar I would like to see the detail report on another sheet.

Thanks for reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I would guess that you want to show your "detail report" when you have one value for your dimension selected.  This can be detected with the GetSelectedCount() function.

Instead of going to a different sheet I would hide / show your "detail report" and inversely show / hide your Bar Chart, by setting, on the Layout tab Show | Conditional a suitable expression.  I have done things like this on occasion.

If you really want to go to a different Sheet, then you'd need to set up a Field Event Trigger.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have knocked up a sample qvw with a suitable Field Event Trigger.

Click on one of the bars and it should go to the Detail tab.

Not applicable
Author

Bundle of Thanks Bill  let me search and try, if anything I will get back to you.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill thanks a lot

Would u ples elaborate little bit more how did you do it.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

I got  it its working.

Thanks a lot