Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Date Range using Calendar Object

Hi,

I followed this link Build a Custom Date Range Selector and created a date range selection using input box and document triggers.  It is working fine.  However, I would like to have a calendar object for choosing the dates instead of picking the dates from the drop down of the input box.  Is there a way to do this.

Capture.JPG

Thanks,

Sudha.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi sudha, in document properties--> triggers --> variable events.

You should create actions for vStartDt and vEndDt like exist for vStartDate and vEndDate

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps this video tutorial helps: Selecting Arbitrary Date Ranges

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thank you.  Watched the video and created the date range selection using the calendar object and document triggers and it is working fine.  But, in my application, I have a couple of date ranges like create dt, resolved dt, update dt etc.  When I try to extend the logic to other dates, it is not working.  I made sure, I used different variable names but still, it doesn't work.  Please let me know if I am missing anything.

Capture.JPG

Here the first From and To works but the second one does not.

This is the code I used:

Capture.JPG

Thanks,

Sudha.

rubenmarin

Hi sudha, you have a typo in the second LET's, table name should be TEMP1

Not applicable
Author

Ya right.  I corrected the mistake but still it does not work.  Please take a look at the attached qvw.

rubenmarin

Hi sudha, in document properties--> triggers --> variable events.

You should create actions for vStartDt and vEndDt like exist for vStartDate and vEndDate

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marin.  It's working fine.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I had to copy over the same logic in another QVW.  Strangely, the same logic does not work.  I have attached the qvw.  Please go over the second tab 'ATT cases' and check what is missing in the 'Period Start Dt' and 'Period End Dt'Capture.JPG logic

rubenmarin

Hi sudha, seems something with date format, I tried this for end date:

='<=' & '$(=Date(vEndDate))'

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ruben.  It worked.