Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quriouss
Creator III
Creator III

Notification emails being sent with real names instead of usernames?

I answered somebody's question yesterday and apparently he was sent the notification email in both my username (Quriouss) and also my real name & email addressI was under the impression that this was not supposed to happen.  Could somebody confirm this is the correct behaviour?

Here is the message I received from a user;  Re: My quest for the best way to visualize figures on different scales

And here are my Privacy settings;

QlikPrivacySettings.png

9 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I doubt that this is how it should work, IMHO I wouldn't want it to work like this.

Maybe ahw‌ can look at this, maybe it's connected some recent community profile changes?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

I just want to add one thing - I am getting such emails.

They are all sent by qcwebmaster, so there are no personal email_adresses in there, but there surely are real names - just now I got two emails in the same minute about answers in the same thread - I could find a post by the user (username), but I didn't find the real name, so I guess that must have been the real name of that user.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

quriouss
Creator III
Creator III
Author

If you've got a Germanic-sounding name then I can see your name too.  Not good.

The first email is the "you have received a reply" message - this is sent with the real name of the user from the address qcwebmaster@qlikview.com.

The second email is a copy of the actual answer, sent with the username of the user, and from the same email address qcwebmaster@qlikview.com

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Oops - no, not good. Yes, I do have such a name as I am German. I don't see too much harm in it in this particular instance, but in general, I don't like to throw my personal information around more than necessary.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

I wonder, is anyone looking at this? We have a mayor data_protection_issue here. Does anyone care about that?

quriouss
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I was just thinking the same thing (and it's *still* happening).  I don't know how to report this to a particular person, so I'm just going to tag Andy and Sara again to see if they can do anything;

ahw

sli

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

the only other option I can think of is flagging this as abuse. Of course this is not abusive, but that way I guess some of the admins are going to see it.

But let us first wait and see whether the people you have tagged will react.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: It is happening - and for some others, though not everyone - only, from other users, I get two simultaneous emails with the same name - so there must be some personal setting involved, too

quriouss
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Just bumping this thread to see if we can get some attention. (Sorry for including you, Michael - but at least you're active in the discussions and maybe you could draw somebody's attention to this?)

sli

ahw

mto

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Simon - I will out a set of eyes on this.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik