Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Less then and Greater then signs in Set Analysis

Hi,

I have a query regarding using <= and >= signs in QlikView set analysis.

=sum({<Deposit_Product_Nature ={'CURRENT ACCOUNT'}>}AMOUNT_LCY).

This is set analysis that I am using. In addition to this, I also want to add Amount_LCY <= 0 and Amount_LCY >= 5000 in this set analysis.

So the result that I will get will be all balances above 0 and less then 5000 in current accounts.

Can someone please guide me.

Regards,

Usama Anwar

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

It works. Thank you very much for your help. QlikView isn't showing records with exactly '0' balance although we have hard coded the amount field to be equal to and greater then '0'.

Is there any specific reason for that?

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

Check this -

=sum({<Deposit_Product_Nature ={'CURRENT ACCOUNT'},Amount_LCY={">=0<5000"}>}AMOUNT_LCY).

Not applicable
Author

No. It does not work. The result is the same when I use this in the expression. Balances less then 0 and greater then 5000 are still appearing.

Digvijay_Singh

I used Amount_LCY from your description, but just checked that your expression has AMOUNT_LCY. Field names are case sensitive. Check if you tried with correct field name. Even if it doesn't work, can you post some sample data to verify the expression.

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

sum({<Deposit_Product_Nature ={'CURRENT ACCOUNT'},Amount_LCY={">=0<5000"}>}AMOUNT_LCY)

vikasmahajan

Please post small demo

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable
Author

It works. Thank you very much for your help. QlikView isn't showing records with exactly '0' balance although we have hard coded the amount field to be equal to and greater then '0'.

Is there any specific reason for that?

Digvijay_Singh

Check if Suppress Zero-Values in Presentation tab is checked. Not sure which chart you are using but normally we have options in presentation tab to select or deselect null/zero records.

vikasmahajan

mark thread as correct ans who's post you refer and close thread.

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Digvijay_Singh

Are you sure you wanted to mark your own post as correct answer.

Just wanted to check as you indicated in one of the reply that my expression was helpful