Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV Connector

I Just want to know this .

Qlikview need QV connector like ODBC , OLDEB when fetching data from either SQL or MY SQL Data Base .

I want to know why don't Qlikview required any kind of connector when using the EXCEL Sheets as data source ?

Can any one help me in understanding this ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

QlikView uses a generic external (QVX-based stream-)interface to connect to databases of all kinds. You can compare this to a plug-in system (extensible, also available for third-party connectors i;e. you can build your own ) They are upgradeable without needing a new server/desktop version. Also (not the least important), you can charge money for the more complex ones....

The file interfaces (which is what the Excel-XML-CSV-etc. code really is) are built-in as they are standard, well defined and don't really need upgrades. The major drawback of the latter is that you cannot add file interfaces. The major advantage of the latter is performance.

If you want, you can program a connector for reading Excel files.

Peter

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

QlikView uses a generic external (QVX-based stream-)interface to connect to databases of all kinds. You can compare this to a plug-in system (extensible, also available for third-party connectors i;e. you can build your own ) They are upgradeable without needing a new server/desktop version. Also (not the least important), you can charge money for the more complex ones....

The file interfaces (which is what the Excel-XML-CSV-etc. code really is) are built-in as they are standard, well defined and don't really need upgrades. The major drawback of the latter is that you cannot add file interfaces. The major advantage of the latter is performance.

If you want, you can program a connector for reading Excel files.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter FOr detail information

Regards

Kane