cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alternative to Qlikview Themes

Hello all,

I am looking for some alternatives to themes. I am working on  creating  customer specific presentation layers and my intension is to reuse the presentation layer structure for all the reports we would be creating for that Customer in the future, in short to create presentation layer for once and use it (just structure)many times. I did some research on using themes, but what I understood is when creating themes, we may have to recreate it for all the different types of objects in the sheet, for example if we make a theme out of a sheet based on the sheet background, we may have to modify it again based on the objects present in the sheet which I am trying to avoid.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Heera

3 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

An alternative would be simply a template document in which you set all the design elements that are specific for the client, including colors, background images, borders, etc...

If you want to build something more elaborate, you can replace all or most of the definitions for the design elements and colors with variables, and set the variables in an externally managed text file. This way, the same template can serve multiple clients, either fully or partially.

I describe the process of externalizing colors and design elements in a lot of detail in my new book, QlikView Your Business.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

QlikView Your Business: An expert guide to Business Discovery with QlikView and Qlik Sense

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Oleg,

Thanks for the quick reply. You idea seems to be great. Can you please suggest me how to create a variable to hold back ground images ?

Thanks

Heera

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Background images are tough - they are selected manually and stored within the QVW. I don't know an easy way to store it in a variable.

I could think of a macro that could read a certain configuration file and assign the background image programmatically. I haven't done it, personally, but I think it should be possible.