Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set analysis with mutliple conditions

Hi,

I am struggling to get the following set analysis to work.

Basically, I am trying to get the Sum(QuantityYTD) for Clients with Revenue Current Year >0 and Revenue Past Year =0.

Here is what I have:

SUM({$<[CIB Parent Name] = {"=sum(AmountYTD)>0 and sum(AmountPYTD)=0" }>}QuantityYTD)

In my QV model I have  pivot chart with Service Level Group dimension and the above expression

The pivot chart displays incorrect values when no Service Level Group is selected. As soon as I select 1 Service Level Group value, the expression returns corrrect results.

Pulling my hair out. Your help/direction is much appreciated.

Thank you,

R

6 Replies
sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

its wrong to use a condition like this ->sum(AmountYTD)>0 and sum(AmountPYTD)=0

try an if condition instead of set analysis

if(sum(AmountYTD)>0 and sum(AmountPYTD)=0,sum(QuantityYTD),0)

hth

Sasi

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sasi,

Unfortunately, that approach wont work.

For Service Level Group dimension, I need to get only "New Business Volume" generated by Clients based on the rule I a described above. (Clients with Revenue Current Year >0 and Revenue Past Year =0)

If I were to apply what you suggested, I will get 0 for all Service Level Group values as AmountPYTD is always >0 at  Service Level Group.

I need to use SET ANALYSIS to get New Business Volume for a given Service Level Group.

Thank you for your input thou.

R

sunny_talwar

May be this:

=Sum(If(Sum(AmountYTD) > 0 and Sum(AmountPYTD) = 0, QuantityYTD))

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The problem appears to be the in the relationship the service level group and the table itself.

I think we need some more information about the pivot table (dimensions) and your data model structure (how is the service level group associated with the chart dimensions/expressions). it would also be useful to know what result you are getting and the result you require.

Of course, the best is to post your qvw or a representative sample.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonanthan,

The below pictures shows a pivot chart (no rules or conditions or selections applied), simple pivot with 1 dimension (ServiceGroupOwner) and some measures.

Please do note the New Business-Amount and New Business-Volume amounts when NO SELECTION is made and when 1 ServiceGroupOwner value is selected. To restate, the New Business is looking for CLIENTS that have Revenue this year and had 0 revenue last year.

Please note the expressions for:

New Business-Amount: SUM({$<[CIB Parent Name] = {"=sum(AmountYTD)>0 and sum(AmountPYTD)=0" }>}AmountYTD)

New Business-Volume: SUM({$<[CIB Parent Name] = {"=sum(AmountYTD)>0 and sum(AmountPYTD)=0" }>}QuantityYTD)

I tried using AGGR over ServiceGroupOwner dimension but does not work either. Not sure where the disconnect is.

set_analysis_sample2.JPG

Do note that the amount 31,399,613 is the correct amount (this was done by extracting CIB Parent Name for Domestic Collections and comparing SUM(AmountYTD ), SUM(AmountPYTD, and SUM(QuantityYTD) )

Your help is much appreciated.

R

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

please post a sample application