Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why does the hub deny I have an access pass?

I am using Qlik Sense Server 2.0.1.0. I'm on a trial licence.

Until a few days ago I have been able to connect to the hub. I have set up my data load, created a bunch of visualizations, imported users, got the data importing automatically every hour. However, I am suddenly no longer able to connect to the hub and I don't understand why not.

I log in using Windows Authentication (I'm on the server via RDP). I can log into the QMC:

1.PNG

However, when I open the hub in the next tab, I am told I have no access pass:

2.PNG

This is strange, because the QMC says that the Administrator user does have an access pass:

3.PNG

I'm not sure what's gone wrong or how to fix it.

Some things I have tried

• Restarting all the Qlik services.
  • Rebooting the server.
  • Turning anonymous access off in the central virtual proxy (it was "Allow anonymous user"; I've changed it to "No anonymous user").
  • Clearing my cookies.
  • Going straight to the hub instead of going to the QMC first. I am prompted to log in, which I can do successfully (as Administrator), but I still get the same error message ("You cannot access Qlik Sense because you have no access pass").
  • Logging in remotely from a browser on my PC (external access is set up.) I get the same error.

Some things I have checked

• My trial license has not expired:

7.PNG

(I take that as meaning it will expire on September 15th. Today is September 2nd.)

• There are no other access rules to confuse things:

4.PNG

5.PNG

• The whitelist looks good:

6.PNG

• The right ports are still open in the firewall:

9.PNG

Other strange behaviour that might be related

8.PNG

(Clicking the Refresh button presents the same error again.)

This is really strange, because it used to work, but now it doesn't!

I'm really lost. What can I try?

33 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

you should go tin the qmc

to licenses and tokens

there you should assign a token to administrator

unlike qlikview the administrator isn't granted access to the hub automatically

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think the third screenshot in my question shows that the Administrator has a token assigned:

3.PNG

Does that look right to you? Or do I need to change something?

alextimofeyev
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Tim,

have you been able to resolve this? I'm experiencing a similar issue when all of a sudden Qlik Sense thinks I don't have an access pass. The only way I've been able to resolve that was by deallocating the token, deleting the user, creating the user again and then allocating the token.

Alex

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've done pretty much the same thing. With help from Qlik support staff, we added a User Access Rule (as opposed to a User Access Allocation) for the Administrator user.

After that, I noticed my regular (non-admin) user could also no longer connect to the hub. I deallocated and reallocated their token, which seemed to work. I didn't go as far as deleting the user like you did.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm getting the same problem quite frequently. Whenever I publish a new version of my app, one or more users' access passes just stop working. Deallocating and reallocating sometimes fixes it; other times I have to delete and recreate the user. Unfortunately sometimes the token ends up in quarantine.

As I'm in a period of development I'm publishing quite frequently. I'm fast running out of non-quarantined tokens now. I dread to think what would happen in a live environment when hundreds of users suddenly lose access - I don't fancy having to tell them they've got to wait a week for their tokens to come out of quarantine!

Sigh.

osse_aam
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello Tim I am facing the exact same situation as you. Were you able to figure out the root cause of the issue or the solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not yet. I've got the Qlik support team looking into it. I'll post on here when I have something.

alextimofeyev
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Tim!

Any news at your end? I had this happen to one of the users twice in the same day. I raised a support ticket as well now.

Alex

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

One way of ending up with the type of error-messages you are seeing is if you are logging in to too many times in paralell or login in and out too frequent. Reason for this is that each login session has a timeout, and when the number of paralell logins for an accunt is reached, any new ones will face the dialog stating that no additional access passes are available.

As i'm writing this of the top of my head I dont have any hard numbers, but I think the number of paralell user-sessions are 5.

Simple test to see if this is the case for you:

* can you log in to the qmc? in that case we know that the authorization is working correctly.

* does the proxy logs state something along the lines of "access denied, received noavailableaccesstype" when you fail to log in?

* if you lower the proxy session timeout in the QMC to something along the lines of 1 minute, then keep trying to enter the hub, will you be able to eventually (after a couple of minutes) be able to come in?

if you answer yes on the questions above, then this problem might be due to the paralell login limit. Look into when and why you are login in, and why it happens so frequently.