Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Add new values in listbox for filtering

Hi,

I would like to ask for some advice on the possibility of adding extra value in a field for listbox filtering which will represent as select ALL.

I've created 2 filtering for ports (Origin ports and Destination ports with around 400 values in each port filtering) in my report. I know that if i didn't select anything in QV, it means select ALL. However, user requested me to add a "ALL" value in the list and set it as preselected filtering. After I tried to reload the data and added the new value into both field and selected it in report, NO results comes out since I don't have any port records which is equals to ALL. Pls advice if there is any alternate solution to this..

Thanks,

YY

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

It's a bad idea, but you already know this. Try to convince the user that stupidity is not contributing to the company's profits.

If you can't get people to see sense then you can create a new field in the script and use that for the listbox:

Dummy:

LOAD Port as ListboxPort, Port

Resident ....

Concatenate(Dummy)

LOAD 'All' as ListboxPort, Port

Resident ...

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Adding a new value like 'All' goes against basic QlikView association since nothing selected means all selected.

Instead of adding a new option called all, what about a trigger to select all of the options on the open of the document?  This will keep the association of the selection criteria with the data.

Again, the best option is to explain QlikView and avoid unnecessary overhead in selecting data or adding a new option which does what the system is already performing, but if the user is insistant, you have a few options