Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple Measures On Map - Qlik Sense

Hi,

I am trying to show two measures in a post code area when I hover over this area.

For example I am currently showing average cost of a job in that area, but I need to see how many jobs that is based on, would be good to see both at the same time.

Thanks,

Scott

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Scott,

Have you considered the color by expression option? - This will allow you to use another aggregate and measure and use a color gradient to depict the value - greatest / least. So you will have the size of the dot for one measure and the color depict another.

Qlik Sense – Map Chart Object Part 3 – 1.1 Update (video) - around the 1:40 time-code mark.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

12 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

‌i think the map out thebox works with one measure.

Try this extension if you want to do more with maps just be aware with both options there are limitations on the number of data points they will display.

GoogleMapsAPIv3Toolkit-QS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Also consider looking at something like the Leaflet JavaScript Library to create a custom object. This is becoming a standard for mapping on multiple screen sizes and will allow you to do all sorts of clever things around maps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Scott,

GeoQlik for Qlik Sense allows you to set multiple expressions in your tool-tips.

See "Integrate Maps in Qlik Sense: GeoQlik for Qlik Sense demo":

https://youtu.be/66XZ5Nc1hos?t=3m30s

and do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions regarding your mapping needs:

http://www.business-geografic.com/en/contact/contact-us.html

Best regards,
Cyril

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Scott,

Have you considered the color by expression option? - This will allow you to use another aggregate and measure and use a color gradient to depict the value - greatest / least. So you will have the size of the dot for one measure and the color depict another.

Qlik Sense – Map Chart Object Part 3 – 1.1 Update (video) - around the 1:40 time-code mark.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Cyril,

I have looked at GeoQlik for Sense and when I do so, it says I need "QlikView 11 in WebView Mode

or a Qlikview Server 11."

I only have Sense installed so not sure this is still compatible?

Thanks,

Scott

Not applicable
Author

Hi Scott,

The Trial version you have downloaded is for QlikView.

GeoQlik for Qlik Sense is coming out next week.

Do not hesitate to contact us directly so that our teams can answer all your questions regarding mapping on Sense.

Regards,

Cyril

Not applicable
Author

Although I cannot view the video here, I have used the colour by expression tool. When I hover over an area. I now get the two values I was looking for. Thanks

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Scott, great to hear. BTW, we are learning more about our community, customers, partners etc. all over the world. Can you share with me why you cannot view the video? Is it company or country restrictions?

Thanks

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

company, all youtube videos play but then fail after 5 seconds 😞