Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NPrinting Service Account not executing job

I have created new NPrintingTadm service id. This id is not able to run jobs. It comes back with error.

Error The default printer for this Windows user's account is invalid! Verify and correct your Windows settings

When I use other id QlikviewTadm or My own, it works fine

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

On the NPrinting server:

-Create any printer and make it the default printer

-Test again.

The issue is the no default printer has been added to the NPrinting server service account on the NPrinting server.

If you are not able to create a printer, you may not have administrative rights or the print spool service may be turned off.

If you continue to experience Technical Issues, please use the Qlik Support Site to ensure rapid response to Technical issues such as this.

Technical Product Support | Qlik

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi try to set the default printer to qlikview pdf when you are connected to the server with the printing user

Not applicable
Author

Job runs successfully with other user.... It is set to QlikView pdf... do I need to make some changes to user account which is giving error?

Frank_S
Support
Support

On the NPrinting server:

-Create any printer and make it the default printer

-Test again.

The issue is the no default printer has been added to the NPrinting server service account on the NPrinting server.

If you are not able to create a printer, you may not have administrative rights or the print spool service may be turned off.

If you continue to experience Technical Issues, please use the Qlik Support Site to ensure rapid response to Technical issues such as this.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Frank,   Thanks for the reply... Interesting situation is that If I use NPrintingTadm service account , it fails. If I use QlikviewTadm account, it works.   Both service accounts are local admin on node which has NPrinting service running and also local admin of QlikView server where QlikView documents are sourced.. I login to remote server which has NPrinting service running using my own credentials. I can not login to that server using either of them as they are not in remote login group. One work and other does not work... I am lost.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Then you can try to completely uninstall NPrinting Server and reinstalling it.

Do not install over the network

Copy the installation file to the Target server

Use and administrator account to install the software

-right click on the installation file and run as administrator

Complete the installation

Check the following document to ensure you have configured your environment correctly.

Troubleshooting: NPrinting Server Service and Schedules

If you still issues after performing the points above, then you need to report it directly to the support desk rather than the forum for further investigation...thanks.