cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using QRS to add a user to a stream

Hey everyone,

hope you can help with this?

I'm using QRS API calls to import users, create streams, import, publish and reload apps - most of which has been pretty logical and has been achieved.

However, I'm struggling how to link the user to the stream?

I assume the {appendPrivileges} parameters has to be used in some way, but I'm not sure in which command you utilise that?

Should I be adding the users when I create the stream, as part of the /qrs/add/streamname command?

Should I add the stream, then grab the ID of the stream and associate the users - if so, what command should I use?

Or is there another command that I should be looking at?

If anyone has some examples that they would be willing to share to demonstrate how to achieve this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ian

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ian,

You create the stream first, then add a security rule to allow certain users certain access to the stream using POST to /qrs/systemrule. For example, the following system rule grants all users that belong to "YOUR-DIR" user directory the Read and Publish (2+32=34) rights to "YOUR-STREAM" stream with id a70ca8a5-1d59-4cc9-b5fa-6e207978dcaf. Compare this to creating security rules for the stream in QMC.

{
  "category": "Security",
  "type": "Custom",
  "name": "Security rule for access to \"YOUR-STREAM\"",
  "rule": "((user.userDirectory=\"YOUR-DIR\"))",
  "resourceFilter": "Stream_a70ca8a5-1d59-4cc9-b5fa-6e207978dcaf",
  "actions": 34,
  "comment": "User conditions for stream access",
  "disabled": false,
  "ruleContext": 0
}

The "actions" property should be a sum of the values of the actions you want the rule to allow based on the following definitions:

None0
Create1
Read2
Update4
Delete8
Export16
Publish32
ChangeOwner 64
ChangeRole128
ExportData256

The "ruleContext" property should be one of the following:

BothQlikSenseAndQMC 0