Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajat2392
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Which Qlikview version should I install?

Hi,

I have the installation file "QlikviewDesktop Windows8andUP.exe"

When I try to install it on my PC, it gives some processor compatibility error.

I tried to do it with compatibility troubleshoot, which tried to install it compatible to Windows 7, it didn't work.

Please suggest which installation file I should use.

P.S. - When I check my system properties. It says I have 32-bit Operating System (Windows 😎 and x64 - Based Processor

Any kind of help is appreciated.

Thanks

Rajat Arora

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rajat2392
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the replies.

All the is much appreciated.

I got the solution to my problem.

As I mentioned that my machine has 32-bit windows 8 OS and x64 - bit processor.

I downloaded x64-bit Qlikview desktop SR7.

Then by opening the properties of the setup, I ran the compatibility troubleshooter.

It detected automatically to run the setup compatible to windows 7. I proceeded with the same and the installation was successful finally.

I tried it with SR7, but I believe that further SRs will also work same.

Hope this will help to anyone having same problem as me.

Thanks for all the help and responses.

Best Regards

Rajas Arora

View solution in original post

14 Replies
avinashelite

You can get this to work by downloading the x86 version.  What you have to do is run the installation like normal.  Behind the scenes the installation is extracting the .MSI file to your AppData\Local directory.  The path will be similar to this: C:\User\{your user name here}\AppData\Local\QlikTech Installations\{GUID}.

Next right click on the QlikViewX86.msi file and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility".  The wizard will start and will remove the version check that occurs.  You can then test it and you will be able to install the product.  From there it will save the changes made to the MSI so that you can reuse it in the future.

Hope that helps!

Not applicable

Try Windows x86 (32 bit). I have Windows 8 64-bit operating system and Windows 8 (64 bit) worked for me.

Regards,

KKR

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rajat,

Download the pdf from the below link this will help you in downloading and installing the correct version.

http://go.qlikview.com/rs/qliktech/images/Downloading_and_Starting_the_QlikView_Desktop_Installation...

Try this.

Regards,

Nandha

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The QV for Windows 8 is only available in 64 bit. You need a 32 bit install as stated previously, but I dont know if this will install in Windows 8. Try it and see.

I suspect that all versions after 11.2 will require 64 bit Windows.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I had the same problem with a hybrid tablet/PC that had Atom processor and Windows 8.1.

I installed QV 11.2 SR10 x86 with compatibilty mode and now it work fine.

Regards.

rajat2392
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Giuseppe

Thanks for the reply, I tried to install x32-bit version on my Windows 8  system. It didn't work.

That is I think because for Windows 8 and Up, there is a specific setup which is only 64-bit.

I tried that Windows 8 setup with compatibility troubleshoot, that too didn't work.

Thanks

Rajat Arora

rajat2392
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, you are correct, QV for Windows 8 is available only in 64-bit.

I tried to install 11.20 SR8 x86, that didn't install. Same compatibility issue, as OS is Windows 8.

Please suggest if any work around.

Thanks

Rajat Arora

rajat2392
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Nandhakumar,

Thanks fro the document link.

Problem what I am facing is I have Windows 8 32-bit.

And QV is available only fro Windows 8 64-bit.

If I try to install any 32-bit version which is supported by previous OS to windows 8, that also doesn't work.

So stuck in between Windows 8 and 32-bit.

Thanks

Rajat Arora

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

i think the highlighted one will support,can u try and see?

qvsr12.PNG