Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reports not opening via AccessPoint

Hi Guys,

As I'm new on server-side of things, it seems as if everything needs to go wrong.

Anyway, I had a Dashboard on C drive which had reports on it and opened up fine in Accesspoint, when I look at the status in the edit reports - printer - properties, it says PDF-XCHANGE status "idle" can this be the problem?

They worked when the Apps were in C:, but not now, when i moved the Dashboard onto a virtual memory which is shared drive on the server.  All the numbers are fine, but the reports don't open or print from accesspoint.  Do i need to install PDF-XCHANGE  on the VM drive too?

I hope someone can help thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The way this should function is the printer driver on the Server should create a PDF, which is then downloaded to the client.  This can then be opened and printed by the client as they would any other downloaded file.

The PDF X-Change printer driver should have been installed on the Server when QlikView Server was installed.  You should check that this has happened.

An over the top QlikView Server install may be the best next step.  This could fix the issue.  Beyond that you want to look at the printing system on the server.  It may be locked down in such a way to not allow printing?

Steve

View solution in original post

5 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I'm not sure I follow what the problem is here.

You have a QVW file, and that has been moved onto a Server, and that document is opening okay in Access Point?

There are however reports that are available from the Reports menu in QlikView Desktop which "do not work" in Access Point?

When you do not work, do they not appear on the Reports drop down, or is it a case that they appear but do not behave as you want when selected?

What is your desired functionality, and in what way is it falling short?

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Steve,

I can see the drop down list of reports, when i click on one, i get the QV spashscreen saying Print Report, Printing report and three dots and it just hangs.  I want to be able to click on the reports which open and then give the option to print or export.  They are not opening at all.

Thanks Steve.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The way this should function is the printer driver on the Server should create a PDF, which is then downloaded to the client.  This can then be opened and printed by the client as they would any other downloaded file.

The PDF X-Change printer driver should have been installed on the Server when QlikView Server was installed.  You should check that this has happened.

An over the top QlikView Server install may be the best next step.  This could fix the issue.  Beyond that you want to look at the printing system on the server.  It may be locked down in such a way to not allow printing?

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is now resolved by uninstalling PDF X-Change and re installing it on the server as the default printer.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Excellent.  Pleased to hear it.

Steve