Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Different data when I load .csv and .xls file

Hello,

I have an issue when I try to load some data.

First, from a bigger qlikview application I export a table to .xls and .csv both. (So, I have 2 files theoretically with the same data)

When I load both file into a new qlikview application to check the data. In the table where I loaded the data from .xls, are fewer fields, and the sum of the numbers is smaller than .csv .

I've tried to export to .xls and .csv with different Number format from qv, Fixed to , Integer, Number, Default. And the result is the same.

Can you give me an idea how to fix this ?

Thanks,

Claudiu

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Qlikview does not directly support exporting to xlsx format or more than 64k rows to xls fornat. For more than that number of rows, csv might be your best bet.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

What is the amount of data you are exporting?

It might have to do with .xls format limitations.

Don't forget that you cannot have more that 1 million rows on a single worksheet, and this, in the newer versions of Excel.

Can you please check this out?

Thanks

Agis

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I've checked the amount of data. See the picture. I did a sum and COUNT for the fields, and it's not reaching 1 million.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

As the previous poster suggested, you have reached the maximum number of rows for an .xls file (65534). 1 million rows is the limit for .xlsx format files. The CSV does not have this limit.

Depending on how you exported to Excel, the other ~12000 rows may be in a separate tab on the XLS file.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Can you tell how should I export to Excel in order to be ok ?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Qlikview does not directly support exporting to xlsx format or more than 64k rows to xls fornat. For more than that number of rows, csv might be your best bet.

Not applicable
Author

Ok. Thanks a lot for this information. I will keep working with csv on this case.