Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hari8088
Creator
Creator

Section access

Hi

I have one application called  app.qvw  in that qvw i have section access with 3 users user1,user2 and user3.

i have another apllication calles app2.qvw in this application i have taken app.qvw as a binaty in app2.qvw and i have written again section access in app2.qvw with 2 users user4 and user5.

Here my doubt is when i go for accessing the application to which credentials i have to login weather user1,user2,user3 or user4,user5

so here my question when i have given section access in my second application whether it will over ride the exiting section access or not?

if it's not over ride can we use all user names means user1,user2,user3,user4,user5.

but when i am trying from my end it's throwing a error like admin access required.

please advice me..

5 Replies
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Section access is not included in the binary load. You will only fetch the data from the application. You will need to redefine your Section Access table in App2.

hari8088
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Toni

I have on app called section.qvw.so in this app i have section access code and the users are

userid,  password

admin,admin

user1,user1

user2,user2

user3,user3

as of now this is working fine.

next i have opened new qvw file and  i have loaded  section.qvw as binary.this app name is S1.qvw.

here in s1.qvw i have written section access code and the users are

userid,password

admin1.admin1

user5,user5

user6.user6

user7,user7

now here my question is when i am trying to login S1.QVW it is asking for credentials ,when i enter  userid is user1 and pwd is user1 means it is suceessfully loged in ,but when i enter userid is user5 and pwd is user5 it isthrowing a error.

as per my knowledge new section userid's is going to override the existing section access userid's  and i suppose to login with new section access userid's  AM i right ?

i attached sample qvw.

To login the application pls use above userid's and pwd's

Thank u in advance

maxgro
MVP
MVP

this is from QlikView help

A binary load will cause the access restrictions to be inherited by the new QlikView document. A person with ADMIN rights to this new document may change the access rights of this new document by adding a new access section. A person with USER rights can execute the script and change the script, thus adding own data to the binary loaded file. A person with USER rights cannot change the access rights. This makes it possible for a database administrator to control the user access also to binary loaded QlikView documents.

from what I understand and from some test

if in the last doc (S1.qvw) there isn't any section access the section access is inherited (from section.qvw binary loaded)

if in the last doc (S1.qvw) there is the section access the bin loaded section access (section.qvw) is lost

it seems there isn't no way to do a merge of the 2 section access