Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Drill-down dimension in combo bar chart

Hi,

I need some help to figure out how to interlink data tables and create a bar chart. A bit complicated to describe, but I will try.

I have two datasheets : 1) services 2) resources

I have made so that both sheets have common fields such as :

Region_name

Region_code

Department_name

Department_code

Unit_name

Unit_code

Because there are more than one column, it creates SYN table. (I have tried to get rid of it by defining key, but I guess this is a secondary problem for now.)

I have created a group with (Department_name) and (Unit_name) to drill-down in the bar charts. It is named as CC.

There are 4 expressions for resources (R1,R2,R3,R4).

Then I have created a combo chart. Selected drill-down CC as dimension with 4 expressions.

The problem is, the chart does not show any data on the upper level for (Department_name), but when I drill down to (Unit_name), data comes up. When I add  (Unit_name) as a second dimension after CC, then it shows up data also on upper(Department_name) level, but then because there is the second dimension, for each (Department_name), it shows (Unit_name) as second dimension as bar. I have disabled label and legend., but the chart is really not nice looking.

I do not get why it does not work only with drill down CC. It works with the second dimension, but I would like to make it invisible. Is it possible to make a dimension invisible ?

What can be the problem ? I have really tried many times, in many different ways, but could not make it work...

Hope I am able to explain...

Thanks in advance,

Zeynep

1 Reply
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Can you upload an sample example with data