Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problems with Personal Edition

I'm getting a message "File contains inconsistencies and cannot be opened by personal ediiton"?

Any idea why?

Regards

Eraaj

2 Replies
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I've had similar issues in the past when for example a .qvw is created in Personal > Opened and saved in a Licensed copy > Opened in Personal again.

It will almost undoubtedly be due to the fact the PE doesn't like a .qvw unless it was wholly created within that copy of QV.

The only other thing it could be is that the file is generally corrupt and the msg is a bit of a red herring. To potentially solve that go: Help > About Qlikview > right click on the Qv logo bottom left to open the Debug Settings (Be careful messing with the wrong area can cause serious issues). Look for the 'LayoutRescue', 'ApplicationRescue' and 'ScriptRescue' interger settings, setting these to 1 opens new doc in the relevant mode.

Rarely works for me however.

Hope that helps,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for quick response Matt.

The file was created in it's entirety in PE. I did QV 'Repair' from control panel as the qvw file was missing it's logo. Got the qv logo back on the file but did had same issue when opening the document.

Set the integer settings to 1 and this did'nt work either...!

Regards

Eraaj