Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with Hierarchy ?

Hi,

Can anyone please help me in creating tree structure  hierarchy for the below sample data i?

Test:

load * inline [

Highlevel, Parent 6, Parent 5, Parent 4, Parent 3,Parent 2,Parent 1, id

17,,,14,13,12,11,10];

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Hi again Robert

I tried using your qvw to demonstrate the example, but eventually, I had to modify your table to create something that would make more sense to me, as I wasn't sure about the meaning of your data.

Anyway, I loaded the data, transformed it into a cross table and used the hierarchy function to create a treeview.

I hope this helps

Agis

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Hi Robert

In order to create a tree structure, your data needs to be in an adjacent node format.

Example:

Table with three columns:

NodeID, ParendID, NodeName

In order to achieve something like this from your current data, you need to load it as a crosstable so as to create this adjacent load table.

Then you can use the hierarchy function to create the tree structure and even a tree list box.

I hope this helps

Regards

Agis

Not applicable
Author

HI,

Thanks for the reply. I tried what you said, but unable to get the expected results .

Can you please use my attached qvw to demonstrate it.

Thanks

Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Hi again Robert

I tried using your qvw to demonstrate the example, but eventually, I had to modify your table to create something that would make more sense to me, as I wasn't sure about the meaning of your data.

Anyway, I loaded the data, transformed it into a cross table and used the hierarchy function to create a treeview.

I hope this helps

Agis

Not applicable
Author

Hi Agis,

Thanks for the solution.

Can we apply the same logic for the data in attached qvw?

I am trying to have a tree like Hierarchy list box for the given data.

Thank you