Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Desktop stuck when loading database from SQL server

We are testing QlikView Desktop 11. When trying to load data from an about 2GB SQL database, reloading process stuck like forever. There was no alert. Is there anyone that meets this error? And how to fix it.

SQL load error.png

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

First use the debugger to do a limited load to see if any synthetic keys are created during the load. Synthetic keys are created when tables have more than one field in common. The creation of these synthetic keys can take a lot of ram and processing power. The same is true for joins. Once you've made certain that your data model is not a problem then reload with more data and monitor ram and cpu usage of your machine. 2 GB source data is quite a bit for a desktop system. You may simply have to get a machine with more ram.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks gwassenaar‌,

Actually I save alert about relationship when loading just 2 table. But I think that should not be problem cause company application use this database normally.

About the resource, I provided this desktop VM 5GB, and QlikView just used less than 1GB RAM.

Capture with resource usage.png

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Actually I save alert about relationship when loading just 2 table. But I think that should not be problem cause company application use this database normally.

But your application doesn't have to create an in-memory database that Qlikview needs to function properly.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand