Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Container or Grouping for Multiple Selection Tabs

Hello,

I am new to Qlikview and I have been going through some tutorials so far. I am trying to figure out:

How to create a table in QlikView that the user can select which dimensions are included in the table.

For example:

• If we have a list like:
    • Customer Number
    • Month
    • Year
  • I want to be able to select which dimensions to include in the table
    • Maybe just Customer Number
    • Maybe Customer Number and Month
    • Maybe all three or any combination

So far I could only find grouping and container as closest solution but it only allows to show one at a time (container's grid option doesn't give option to de-select tables that I dont want -it just includes all tables )

Below in the single object example for container - i can only select at one time. If i want to see year and month at the same time (but i dont want to see division and customer number) there is no way

im1.PNG

I also tried grouping (cycle) and it also just gives me to select only 1 tab at a time.

im2.png

Is there any way ?

Thanks

Arman

3 Replies
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

i think u have to go with adhoc reports,PFA.

Adhoc reporting in Qlikview

maxgro
MVP
MVP

there is no need of container, if you want to choose dimensions and metrics:

Customizable Straight Table

richbyard
Contributor III
Contributor III

The adhoc report is probably the nicest solution from a development perspective as you can change the measures that are presented.

However, if you want to keep it simple you also have the option of a pivot table with multiple cycle groups as dimensions. If all of your possible dimension fields are included in each of the (for example) 3 cycle groups then you can pick and choose how many are presented by collapsing the 3rd and 2nd group as required. This is a reasonably quick and easy way for users to have a chart (with fixed measure fields) that they can adapt easily.

Very basic example attached for you to see how it's set up... super simple to build and to use.