Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Document Chaining - Transfer State not working

I have 2 dashboards, Dashboard a and Dashboard b. I have setup document chaining between the 2 dashboards and selected the "Transfer State" and "Open in Same Window" options. Both dashboards have a Product listbox. I selected a product from dashboard A and clicked on the link to dashboard b. However, the product selected wasn't carried forward to dashboard b. I am using v9 SR5. Anything that I missed out ?

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I am working on a similar problem. To me it appears that the transfer state option only works when the document is actually opened, if it is already opened and just brings up the document then it won't transfer the state. If anybody has a workaround I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

We use document chaining as well, and in my opinion the target document does not need to be open. The only importrance is the fact that both the source field as the target field need to carry the same name (to enable linkage between both).

jwbadger3
Contributor II
Contributor II

It's been a few years since anyone's responded to this thread, but I'm seeing the same behavior. Here's my scenario:

Application 1 and Application 2 both have configuration to document chain to each other and have several fields in common. In application 1 I select a group of patients and document chain to application 2. As application 2 had not been opened yet, the transfer state works as expected and the patients are selected appropriately in application 2.

Now I select a different set of patients in application 2 and document chain back to application 1. I appropriately pull up application 1 but because it had already been opened, my selections from App 2 are not reflected in app 1.

I'm currently doing this only in the desktop client so if this behavior is different on the server I haven't witnessed it yet.