Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is there any way we can enable always one selected option for calculated fields in list box?

Hi,

I want to enable always one selected option for calculated fields in list box and there is no way i can do anything in data model.

I have to put that expression in a list box but needs always one selected as well.

Please help

It is urgent.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
er_mohit
Master II
Master II

Ok. Then select a value from the dimension field value and check on always selected one value.

on based on that dimension field which you create an expression create that list box will also and select that value which having in both list box

then delete the Core dimension list box

see the example attached
i have Year field i put expression to get limited record

then select the field value in year dimension which also present in creating new list box value.

then on Year field check on always selectd one value and delete that list box

Hope it helps you .

Regards

Mohit

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Aakansha,

Yes you can select "Always One Selected Value" option from list box properties. I feel you might not be able to select that since it's not highlighted for you. Am I right? to get that highlight you first create your list box and select one value first then go to the properties. You'll get that option enable.

I hope this will help you, if not please let us know.

Best,

Skumar

er_mohit
Master II
Master II

Hi the alternative is

Go to Setting Menu--> Document Properties-->Trigger--->In document event trigger --> On Open--> add action field--> select in field  --> Fieldname -->

in below mentioned one field value

then ok

save it and reopen it

Not applicable
Author

But it will always select that value in a field and i want the capability that user cannot deselect the value in that field but he can only change his selection from one value to another

er_mohit
Master II
Master II

Ok. Then select a value from the dimension field value and check on always selected one value.

on based on that dimension field which you create an expression create that list box will also and select that value which having in both list box

then delete the Core dimension list box

see the example attached
i have Year field i put expression to get limited record

then select the field value in year dimension which also present in creating new list box value.

then on Year field check on always selectd one value and delete that list box

Hope it helps you .

Regards

Mohit

Not applicable
Author

thanks a lot...nice trick

Not applicable
Author

I don't understand this response, I am trying to do the same thing, could you explain a little more about what you did?