Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can i connect one qv app to anothet qv app with selections?

Hi All,

I have  developed 2 applications below are with diemntions.

1)test1.qvw(empno,deptno,ename,sal)--those fields are used in stright table and also (state--i have created as list box)

2)test2.qvw(emp_no,dept_no,emp_name,emp_sal)--with those fields i have created stright table.(allstates- i have created as list box)

My requirement is i need to create button in test1 and then when you click on button it moves to test2 of stright table  and it will

display according to selections in test1.qvw.

if you make any selections on test1.qvw based on state selections then test2.qvw also should be reflect the selections.

how can it possible??

(NOTE--field names on both tables are different but data is same)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

We Checked this yesterday it was working fine.

As discussed yesterday, make sure you have same naming convention.

If you want we can sit today even.

Regards

ASHFAQ

View solution in original post

20 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

This is a good link. It applies when using the Server to pass parameters from 1 app to another app.

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2014/07/11/ajax-and-url-parameters

Colin-Albert

The functionality to transfer the selection state between documents relies of the field names being common between the two documents.

Are you able to rename the fields to make the names common?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jon,

Thanks for replay i can connect to one app to another app by using url it is working but question is if you make any selectiosn on test1 and it will reflecte to stright table in test2.qvw.

Colin-Albert

The two documents are separate, selections in test1 will not appear in test2.

Are you able to merge the apps into a single document that contains the charts for the two separate documents?

You use add a Binary Load command as the first line of your load script to import data from one app into another app.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Albert,

I have tried with placing of rename for table empno(i have renamed for only one field).but it is not working if i make any selections on test1.qvw

Not applicable
Author

Here Both tables contains same data.test1 contains  data from 2013 to 2014 and test2 contains all years(from 1988 to 2014).

my requirement is i have loaded data what u say previously .but they are asking insted of loading data(it may increase qv app size) get data from another document.

But here field names are different i fi change all field name it will effect entire dashboard (it has 300 mb size and 24 sheets) and entire sheet objects.

Colin-Albert

If the field names are different then you will have to rename the fields to be consistent,

You could do a binary load and then  rename the fields using a mapping function.

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2012/09/25/how-to-rename-fields.

This would allow you to retain your current charts.

I would suggest having two versions of the app, one with current data 2013-2014, the other with all data 1988-2014.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your answer.

Give me some example ?

if am using test1.qvw then i need to load binary load in test2.qvw .

if i load then and rename the fields then if i use list box then it will take maping tables .it causes some difficult.

if you have any example can you please send any document? it is better for me to check.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi Sanjeev.

Make sure to select your state and make sure to select Transfer State.

have a look at attached image.

Let me know if that works.

Regards

ASHFAQ