Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trying to make Sense of Qlik Sense

I'm having a play with Qlik Sense.

If I have multiple objects on a sheet and add it to a slide I'm happy as if I Qlik on something it will be reflected in all the objects on the slide, right before my eyes - super !

However it does not seem to impact objects on other slides which doesn't make much sense, I've tried lot's of things to make this work but have no ideas left.

Could someone please help, clarify.

This is important people people need tools to make sense of the data.

4 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Clive - are you referring to data storytelling (you mentioned the word slide) or the view mode of a sheet? I am assuming Storytelling. I also am assuming you mean when embedding a sheet into a slide, the selections you choose in one slide, are not reflected on another? Do i Have this correct?

As you have seen, when in Sense, and in view mode of a "Sheet" - selections on objects and lists are maintained throughout other sheets within the same app.

In storytelling - snapshots of objects will keep the selection state - that object is a specific snapshot - that you can drag on a slide. That WILL NOT change with other selections. However you have the option to click into the live sheet.

Embedded sheets are only for that slide and do not have any linkages to other sheets, as I just tested. I am not sure if that is be design or a current limitation.

However I would suggest that if you would like that type of functionality to just use the actual  sheet view instead, by clicking the Go to Sheet button in the upper right, make your selections and use the < > arrows to navigate to other sheets,

Please let me know if this is close or accurate to what you are desiring and mark the discussion accordingly so we know that we have answered your question to your satisfaction.

Kind Regards,

Mike

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

I had come to the same conclusions.

However, if such a linkage was in place, plus some branching/conditional stuff, the story could follow different paths depending what excited the listeners

(i.e. they could play a part in the story).

Clive

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

I agree - I think that is why we added the Go to Sheet button and the right click Go to Source Data (on the snapshot) - instead of trying to recreate the same thing in the storytelling view. I can find out for you to see, if they plan on maintaining linkages in the story slides.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
svinnakota
Creator
Creator

Hi Michael,

I am creating a story. However, still i am not able to see the selections of 1st sheet in the other active sheets. Can you please tell me whether the linkage functionality(selection applying on all the active sheets in the story) is available in the story. Is there a way to achieve this in the version 3.1SR4.

Thanks,

Santosh.