Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Does bookmarking save the input box or slider's value ?

I have an application that has both an input box and a slider and would like to save the changes made as a bookmark.

I created a bookmark to save these selections. However, when I displayed my bookmark, the changes made in the input box/slider didn't show up.

Does QlikView bookmark allow saving updates made in an input box/slider objects ?

If not, is there an option for the bookmark to save them, ie. macros. etc ?

8 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Anthony,

You need to ensure that the variables that are being set in the Input Box and the Slider are set to be included in bookmarks.

To do this:

Select 'Settings' and 'Document Properties'
Select the 'Variables' tab
Click each variable you want to include in bookmarks and ensure 'Include in Bookmarks' is selected

You will need to recapture your bookmarks and this time the variables should be included.

Regards,
Steve

Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your response.

I selected the variables I needed and selected the option 'Include in Bookmarks' and re-created the bookmark.

When I go to the re-saved bookmark, the input box's value didn't changed to the saved value. It only changed value when I try editing the value. Is this how it is supposed to work ? I was thinking that when I select the bookmark, the input box's value would instantly change.

I am enclosing a sample app for reference.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for posting up the application. I can see the behaviour you describe. I added another bookmark and this worked fine. I then added another that behaves the same as your bookmark. The difference between the two bookmarks being the one that works does not include Layout State and Scroll Positions where the one that fails does.

Do you need layout state and scroll positions included in your bookmarks?

I can not see any reason why QlikView should behave in this way - what service release of QlikView are you running? I have yet to install SR5 on the machine I tried this on.

Regards,
Steve

Not applicable
Author

Hi Steve,

I need the layout state in the bookmarks.

I am using SR5.

I tested using versions SR3 and SR4. In SR3, same behavior as SR5 even if I uncheck the 'layout state and scroll positions', it didn't allow to save the values instantly. In SR4, it worked fine even with the 'layout state and scroll positions' selected. Tested each scenario in AccessPoint I got the same behavior.

A possible bug perhaps ?

I'll probably update my app using SR4 until QlikTech can provide a fix.

Thanks again for your help.

Not applicable
Author

Tested in Version 10 as well and behavior is the same as SR5.

To summarize, in versions SR3, SR5 and v10, the changes made in an input box saved in a bookmark are not captured when the bookmark is selected. You would have to edit the input box to get the saved value.

In SR4, changes are instantly captured when the bookmark is selected.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Anthony,

Definitely looks like one that is worth passing on to QlikTech support. Suggest you email the URL for this thread to support@qlik.com and see what they say. They will want details of the installations you have run this in (Ctrl+Shift+Q in QlikView Desktop).

Please post back your findings.

Regards,
Steve

vsabbise
Creator
Creator

Thanks for the Answer. May I know how do I do it in Qlik Sense ?

avvarameshdelt
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Steve.