Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

set analysis to exclude negative revenue

I'm having trouble trying to write a set analysis to include revenue for all contracts, but exclude the specific contracts that have negative revenue.  In other words, the expression to sum all revenue would be Sum ([ Revenue USD])  in this example, but I'm not sure how to write the portion where the dimension called Contracts would only include those that have $0 or higher associated revenue.  Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbecher
MVP
MVP

You will need to use Aggr():

Sum({<Contacts={"=Aggr(Sum([Revenue USD]),Contacts)>0"}>} [Revenue USD])

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Not applicable
Author

try:

<Contracts={"=Sum ([ Revenue USD])>=0" }>

Not applicable
Author

Barbara,

let ma know if it works and if you need more help.

regards

Darek

Not applicable
Author

I'm still trying it out (we have long field names for dimensions so I thought maybe I mistyped something in my QVW).  When I look at the table without the set analysis included, it lists each contract and the sum of each contract to the right of each, on the same row.

When I try it with the proposed change listed above, the fields are all coming back blank - I'm not getting any contracts listed and I'm also not getting any revenue.

Not applicable
Author

maybe you may provide sample application?

Not applicable
Author

Hopefully this helps; this is just an example since I can't post confidential information here.  I'm trying to get a list like this...but only list the contracts that have $0 or greater revenue associated with them.  In this case, I would end up with a table that didn't show the first 2 lines, but did show the last 4 contracts here.

qv example.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Barbara,

i'am sorry, but your image doesn't provide information i need to write expression for you

I need chart where this new expression will be used,  data model (or its part important for your chart), and some data (but not real data.... .

You may load some prepared data for exmaple from excel or use scramble function

Document Properties: Scrambling

This tab is only available when working with a QlikView document in ADMIN mode. It provides the possibility to scramble the data in one or more fields.

FieldsThis is a list of all fields in the document. Select one or more fields for scrambling.
ScramblePress this button to perform a random scrambling of the contents of selected field(s). Numbers are scrambled to numbers and text to text (spaces are kept). Once scrambled, the data cannot be recreated in its original form by QlikTech or anyone else. If the script is re-executed, however, the scrambling will be lost.

:

Not applicable
Author

Hi Barbara,

In your script you can take another field as flag and define condition of the flag as per business logic. e.g.

Load

IF(Rev>0,1,0) AS FLAG,

Now in set analysis you can write =sum({$<FLAG = {1}>}Rev)

Hope this is what you were looking for. Please let us know if  this works.

Thanks & Regards

Suhas Gupta

Not applicable
Author

Suhas,

i think that Barbara needs it rather on the fly. I can imagine, that there is a question on aggregated revenue (from more than one transaction), after user selections ....

regards

Darek

rbecher
MVP
MVP

You will need to use Aggr():

Sum({<Contacts={"=Aggr(Sum([Revenue USD]),Contacts)>0"}>} [Revenue USD])

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D