Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview 11 - Containers not visible.

Hi - We have a strange issue with non-visible container objects.

We have a quite large QV 11 report, to which I have added a new Sheet. To the Sheet I have added 4 Container objects, and within them various Chart objects. I have also added 2 Listboxes and a Text object for selection / display purposes.

When I copy the report to our QV server and access it via the QV Accesspoint, I am able to see the sheet and all objects, including the containers, normally. However, one of our users is able to see the sheet and the Text / Listbox objects, but none of the containers or their contents.

Can anyone suggest what might be happening here? I have added no security to the sheet nor the container objects (if this is even possible), and am confused as to why the user can see some objects, but not the containers.

Thanks, Gavin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Is it possible that the user is using the IE plugin, and that plugin is from an earlier version of QV? Containers were implented in QV10 and enhanced in QV11.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

5 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Have you i.e. 11?

If the answer is yes you must be aware that there are lots of problems, resolved with SR5 release

Not applicable
Author

Thanks but no, we are on IE9.

Gavin

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Is it possible that the user is using the IE plugin, and that plugin is from an earlier version of QV? Containers were implented in QV10 and enhanced in QV11.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi - The user had 2 older versions (9.*) of the client plug-in. When we upgraded them to the 11.0 plug-in, the containers became visible.

Gavin

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan - Just noticed this response after I posted below. Thanks, yes that was correct.