Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access - Reducing Data + Using "OMIT" in unison

Hello,

I am creating section access and attempting to reduce data in some fields and omitting others entirely. Is this possible to do in a single table?

I am loading a section access table from excel rather than doing an inline load; my columns are:

ACCESSNTNAMEREGIONOMIT
ADMINANANT\USER1
USERANANT\USER2EUSALES_AMT

Where user 1 would have access to everything, and user two should just see data for the EU region and not see ANY data from the SALES_AMT field.

Currently, the region is being reduced correctly but sales_amt is not being omitted.

Thanks,

Stephan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's weird. The document is published in the resource library (All Places > Resource Library > Documents). As long as you're logged in on community.qlik.com you should be able to access it. I've attached it to this post. Perhaps that does work for you.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Is the real field name SALES_AMT or sales_amt? Qlikview is case sensitive. Make sure to use the exact case sensitive name.

Not applicable
Author

I am matching the case, however I thought I read that section access interprets everything as capitals anyways. Could this be an issue if my field name has lower cases in it?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Could be. One way to find out is to simply try it. Load the field name twice, lower case and upper case.

Add the same user + field combination again in the access table with the capitalized field name. Then reload and check which fields gets omitted.

Not applicable
Author

I have tried using the field in section access as all caps and as it appears in the data. Neither way worked.

Would it possible that I have to actually rename the field in the data itself so that it is all caps?

Have you had any luck using fields with lowercase letters in section access?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Works for me either way. Inline load or from an excel file makes no difference and the field name does not have to be capitalized. All case combinations work as long as the field name in the OMIT column of the section access table matches the real field name. Can you post the offending document? Or an example that demonstrates the problem?

Not applicable
Author

Well I got it to work, but it seems to be having a HUGE impact on performance. Like it seems to lock up for a while when I navigate to the tabs which have omitted fields (I am omitting an entire table...).

So I have two questions:

Is it possible to omit an entire table at once rather than having to list every single field?

And if not, is it possible to omit an entire tab in the application to a user using section access?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

It's not possible to omit an entire table afaik.

If by tab you mean sheet, then yes that can be done with section access. You'll also want to restrict the options to add/modify sheets and sheet objects. See this document: Section Access - Hide Sheet Level

Not applicable
Author

It says that access to that content is restricted... any way you could send me the text that is there? (or give me access if you have that ability)

Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's weird. The document is published in the resource library (All Places > Resource Library > Documents). As long as you're logged in on community.qlik.com you should be able to access it. I've attached it to this post. Perhaps that does work for you.